Get Folder Files
This extension allows you scan a folder to retrieve all the file names, optionally filter the file types and save them into a stack and .ini file. Very useful if you need to iterate through a lot of files with different names and file types.
Important Note: This extension uses a batch file to get all file names. After downloading and unpacking the .zip file, please make sure your antivirus did not delete the file and check its contents by right clicking on the file and selecting edit.
Special thanks goes to:
My amazing Patrons.
Thank you so much!
If you would like to support me developing SAMMI itself and my extensions, you can join my Patreon, which will give you access to all my upcoming creations for completely free and priority help on any of my extensions.
DISCLAIMER: The extension is provided as is. The developer has no obligation to provide maintenance and support services or handle any bug reports.
Feel free to edit the extension for your own use. You may not distribute, sell or publish it without the author’s permission.
- Place the whole folder Get_Folder_Files in your SAMMI/Ext folder (create the Ext folder if it doesn’t exist yet).
- Install the extension in your SAMMI while connected to Bridge.
- Edit the premade button in your Get Folder Files deck. Read the instructions inside.
- Press the button.
- Your files names will be saved in the .ini file you specified in your SAMMI folder.
Once the button is executed, all file names are saved in the specified .ini file, including their stringified array. The paths in the .ini file will always contain forward slashes, even if you use backward slashes in your file path value.
If the contents of your scanned folder change, you can freely rescan the folder, which will automatically override the file names in your .ini file (and delete all non existing ones).
If there are any errors, you should get a yellow notification message in your Receiver.
This developer declares that your data is:
- Not being sold to third parties.
- Not being used or transferred for purposes that are unrelated to the extension's core functionality
- Not being used or transferred to determine creditworthiness or for lending purposes