YouTube Live is a completely free SAMMI integration made by Christina K.
It allows you to listen to all chat events, send chat messages, ban users and other commands straight from SAMMI while streaming on YouTube Live.
Unlike Twitch, YouTube API is very limited and cannot be freely used without going through a long approval process. It has taken several months for YouTube to approve the integration and provide me with additional quota to be able to release it for everyone.
Link your account #
You must Authorize the integration to allow SAMMI access to your YouTube Live account and to retrieve your refresh token.
- Retrieve your refresh token from the link provided above
- In your SAMMI, go to YouTube Connection and paste your Refresh Token in the Refresh Token box.
- Press Link.
YouTube Live API uses a quota system to ensure that developers use the service as intended and do not create API clients that unfairly reduce service quality or limit access for others.
SAMMI has been given a global quota of 8000000 units/day. This is quota for all users combined using the integration.
Individual users have a max quota of 500 units/minute. This in no way means you should use up all your quota every minute, it’s rather a hard limit to prevent spam. It might be a subject to change later depending on how many users use the integration and if we can get a higher quota approved by YouTube.
Find the quota cost table below. YouTube Live API does not provide this information for some of the commands. Those were calculated by my own observations and might be a subject to change at anytime.
Max per minute is a rough estimate as it depends on how often the integration polls new chat messages per minute.
|Command||Cost||Max per minute||Additional Info|
|Get chat messages||5 units||N/A||Chat messages are polled based on the amount of viewers or whatever YouTube API dictates. They can cost anywhere from 30-150 units/minute.|
|Send a chat message||20 units||23||Group up your chat messages or show them on screen instead to save your quota.|
|Ban a user||200 units||2||This is a very expensive endpoint. It’s recommended to ban users manually if you need to go through a lot of names.|
|Change Status||50 units||9|
|Channel Stats||1 unit||N/A||Your channel stats are retrieved once every streaming session.|
|Get Live Stats||1 unit||1||Get Broadcast Stats is automatically polled every minute by the integration. Using the SAMMI command does not increase the cost.|
|Get Subscribers||1 unit||470||Checking for new subscribers is done once per minute. Using the
|Get Member Info||2 units||235|
If you run out of your individual quota, you will get an alert message
You have exceeded your user quota. Slow down! in SAMMI and will not be able to listen to new events or use any commands for 1 minute before your quota is replenished. You might need to reload the Bridge as well.
Terms of Service #
By using the SAMMI Youtube Live (“Service) integration created by Christina K. ( “We”, “Us”, “Our” ), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
If the owner makes material changes to these Terms, we will post a notice in the official SAMMI Discord server and on our site before the changes are effective. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and specifically your refresh token. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
Users may access the integration via SAMMI. Any use of the integration is bound by these Terms of Service, Youtube’s Terms of service, plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from your use of the integration.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to Youtube Live API by modifying the integration code for your own use may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the integration.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the integration (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the integration code or concepts without express written permission from us. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- If your quota usage significantly exceeds the average quota usage (as determined solely by us) of other SAMMI users, we reserve the right to throttle your API requests until you can reduce your quota consumption.
- We do not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses. The failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com.
SAMMI and its developer take your privacy very seriously. Any information you provide to us during the Authorization process will be only used to generate your YouTube Live credentials via our secure AWS API acting as a middleman to access the integration.
SAMMI does not store or share your YouTube Live credentials. Your credentials are only ever stored locally on your computer in SAMMI in order to use the integration.
Any other information regarding your YouTube account is only ever accesssed and stored locally on your computer. Accessing any data via YouTube API is done via Bridge, which is a local HTML file that relays the data via a local websocket connection to SAMMI, which also only ever runs locally.